CLICK HERE to donate to THE AVERAGE-SIZED MERMAID in FringeNYC! Thank you for helping our production make a big splash!
Q: Why do you need my support? Aren't all you indie theater artists ridiculously wealthy?
Alas, we are not the golden gods that the teen magazines would have you believe. What we lack in funds, we make up for in creativity and heart, but so far we've been unable to exchange Creativity and Heart for props, rehearsal space, costumes, etc...
The truth of the matter is, this production will either sink or swim based on the generosity of supporters who believe in us and believe in this play. We simply want to tell a great story the way it deserves to be told, but we can't do it alone.
Q: I believe in you.
Q: I’d like to demonstrate my belief in you by donating to THE AVERAGE-SIZED MERMAID. How can I contribute?
Fantastic! Since you asked, there are two ways to contribute:
1. Online. Our Indiegogo campaign allows you to make a simple and secure donation electronically! CLICK HERE TO DONATE ONLINE.
Or, even better…
2. Send us a check. Don’t get us wrong: online donations are great, but Indiegogo sneakily skims 9% of your contribution for service fees. By mailing us a check, you’re essentially giving us 9% more to work with to produce awesome theater!
Checks should be made out to Mind the Gap Theatre and mailed to the attention of Paula D’Alessandris (with the word "MERMAID" written on the memo line) at the following address:
Mind the Gap Theatre
535 W 23rd St, S11G
New York, NY 10011
Q: Is my donation tax-deductible?
All contributions to the FringeNYC production of The Average-Sized Mermaid are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Holy MACKEREL! How flipping cool is that?
Q: What are the categories of support, and what do I get in return?
All donations will be acknowledged on our Support-Mers Page for all the world to see, but check out our MER-PERKS:
- $25: FIN-TASTIC FRIENDS receive our oFISHial "permanently-out-there-in-the-world-of-cyberspace" thank you on our website + our exclusive and succinct MERbacker updates!
- $40: COOL CRUSTACEANS get everything $25 gets + an oFISHial thank you IN PRINT in our program, which you'll see when you claim your one (1) free ticket to the show!
- $100: DOLPH-WINNERS get everything $40 gets + one additional (2 total) free tickets to the show + a fashionably trend-setting, ecologically sensible, limited edition MERtote!
- $175: SUPPORTIVE SHARKS get everything $100 gets + an ORIGINAL "2 Minutes or Under" personalized audition monologue written by playwright Jessica Fleitman suited to your acting strengths and interests, or give as a gift to the starving actor/actress that you love!
- $275: BIG TUNAS get everything $175 gets + two additional tickets to the show (4 total) + a (1) one hour monologue coaching session with Mind The Gap Theatre’s Artistic Director, Paula D'Alessandris for you, or as a gift to the starving actor/actress that you love!
- $500: ANGELFISH get everything $275 gets + a FULL EVALUATION of your play or musical, or give as a gift to the struggling writer(s) that you love, by New York theatre industry professional, Robin Rothstein!
- $1,000: RULERS OF ATLANTIS get everything $500 gets + A PRODUCER CREDIT ON THE PRODUCTION, including a full biography on our website under "Creative Team" and in our show's program for all to see!
Q: This may seem like a non sequitur, but I’ve had a life-long dream to hear my name spoken aloud by actors while they’re performing a play. Just thought I’d share.
We’re glad you shared, because our top contributor will get to hear his or her name WRITTEN INTO THE SHOW in a surprising and delightful context! See? Dreams really do come true! Theater is magic!
Thank you for your support! It means more than you know!